Origin Whey Protein Chocolate Mug Cake
This is a rich chocolate mug cake that’s ready in less than 5 minutes! The perfect single-serving chocolate cake recipe if you are on a high protein diet. Super moist and very satisfying without all the guilt.
- 3 Tbsp Semisweet chocolate chips, plus 2 teaspoons for garnish (can use regular or mini sized chips)
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp Coconut flour (or all purpose flour)
- 1 Tbsp Origin Whey Protein Chocolate Milk flavour
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1/8 Tsp Baking soda
- 1 Egg
Optional Toppings: Whipped cream or vanilla Greek yogurt
- Combine 3 tablespoons of chocolate chips and coconut oil in a large microwave-safe mug; heat in the microwave for 20-second increments until melted; stir to combine.
- Add the protein powder, flour, water, and baking soda into the chocolate mixture. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Add egg to the chocolate mixture; stir well.
- Heat in microwave until cake is cooked through, about 1 1/2 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 2 teaspoons of chocolate chips.
- Cool cake for about 2 minutes before eating. Top with garnishes if desired.